Wednesday, August 18, 2010

This is REALLY happening.

Yesterday, we began rehearsals for Homo apocalyptus, a new play by the brilliant playwright, Dean Poynor. (Full disclosure: he is my husband.)

We've rented a rehearsal space right off Times Square, our director has just come in from Williamstown Theatre Festival, our leading man has just flown in from SC, and our ingenue is a recent graduate from the respected program at Carnegie Mellon University. Me? I'm the "leading lady," I suppose, and if you're reading this, you know enough about me.

In short, we are really doing this. We are producing our own material, and we are flying to the other side of the world to perform it in Australia.

This is really my life. Pinch me.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Monica! Just don't get mad when someone declares you "an overnight success who just came out of nowhere" , not realizing you've been working at your craft for most of your life. Enjoy this, you deserve it. Break a leg....oh, and we're gonna want to see pictures.

    FLR

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS AWESOME!! I may be in NYC end of Sept/beginning of Oct for work...I'll let you know!

    ReplyDelete