Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yesterday

Here's a list of why yesterday was so good.

1. My mom was in town, and I got to spend a little time with her before she went home.

2. My mom went home. (just joking, Mom!)

3. I caught up on submissions and audition notices, after being out of the loop for three weeks.

4. I saw a matinee of Mrs. Warren's Profession with my friend Libby.

5. I have a friend!

6. Libby and I made fun of Mrs. Warren's Profession.

7. I went to the first read-through of my first NYC show, which is also the first thing I auditioned for when I got here.

8. I played a solid game of solitaire on the train home.

9. My husband made a great dinner of delicious leftovers. Sweet AND economical.

10. We went for a night time walk to a different area, WITHOUT the dog.

11. Dean told a panhandler to back off, and said, "Dude, we're having a moment here!"

11. We played Scrabble, and I made words with a Z, Y, and X. Boo-ya.


Somewhere in there, I had an argument with our ancient, misogynist Italian landlord. Our oven has never worked since we arrived, and Luigi insists I do not know how to use it. I invited him and his wife over to bake me some cookies to show me that it's fully functional, and that went over like...well, a woman standing up to Luigi.

I have so many things rattling around in my head- so many stories about Australia and getting back into the swing of things here, and being married and being an actor in NYC...

But those will have to wait until our oven is fixed. And until Libby and I figure out what the hell that scrim was supposed to mean in Mrs. Warren's Profession.

I'll keep you posted.






No comments:

Post a Comment